Enjoy and Appreciate with Neroli Oil
What a wonderful time of the year to enjoy all the fragrant blossoms that abound. This is a time of the year to enjoy and appreciate all that is around us. The orange blossoms are in full blossom and have a powerful but delicate, sweet floral fragrance. It is almost hypnotic when you inhale the fragrance from the orange blossoms. Neroli oil, extracted from orange blossoms, is one of my favorites essential oils.
On my early morning walks I can smell a symphony of fragrances. You truly know you are alive when the neighborhoods come alive with new green leaves, fragrant aromas and green grass.
Neroli oil is an essential oil produced from the blossom of the bitter orange tree (Citrus aurantium subsp. amara or Bigaradia). The orange blossoms, gathered by hand, are harvested in late April to early May. The oil is then extracted by steam distillation. Tunisia is the largest producer of Neroli oil followed by Morocco
Its scent is sweet, honeyed and somewhat metallic with green and spicy facets. Orange blossom is also extracted from the same blossom and both extracts are extensively used in perfumery and aroma-therapy. Orange blossom can be described as smelling sweeter, warmer and more floral than neroli.
The difference between how neroli and orange blossom smell and why they are referred to with different names, is a result of the process of extraction that is used to obtain the oil from the blooms. Extracted by steam distillation neroli oil is processed via enfleurage.
Neroli has so many uses: spiritually, physically and emotionally.
- Neroli essential oil is an excellent uplifting oil and wonderful to uplift the senses
- Use neroli oil for dry, devitalized and mature skins
- Improves the skin’s elasticity and is used as a skin re-generator
- Blend 6 drops of neroli in 1/2 an oz on jojoba or hazelnut oil
- Use Neroli to alleviate grief. Apply to the pulse point and inhale the sweetness
- Neroli relieves emotional depression, instills peace and purity.
- Helps us to connect with our Higher Self
- Use neroli for insomnia due to depression, disappointment and sadness
- It is said to be an aphrodisiac and can also be used for PMS
- Neroli regulates blood pressure, aids with poor circulation and eases palpitations
More from Beauty Kliniek Day Spa San Diego
Please visit our Aromatherapy product page here – https://www.beautykliniek.com/aromatherapy/