5 ways to deal with the effects of stress.
Enjoy exploring the many benefits of aromatherapy and enjoy improved health as well!
Aromatherapy is the only type of stress relief that offers a method that involves all the senses to help you think more clearly and lift burdens from your mind and body that might be keeping you from work, emotional issues, and activities that can help you feel better.
Notice how you respond to stress. Identify stressors that affect our daily lives;
When you’re faced with a stressful situation, take note of your behavior.
- Do you feel overwhelmed by stress?
- Do you overeat?
- Do you work to eliminate the stress?
- Do you find some way to distract yourself to avoid the situation?
Here are some amazing ways to deal with the effects of stress.
- Calm your mind
- Inhale essential oils of lavender and Melissa to calm your mind.
- Create healthier responses to stress.
- Replace any unhealthy responses with something more peaceful.
- Have a cup of tulsi rose tea.
- Listen to peaceful music with a binomial beat or brain entrainment.
- Create a calming morning ritual.
- Get up early enough so that you’re not rushed in the morning. Mornings tend to be quiet and peaceful, and if you get up early, you can enjoy them.
- Go for a walk.
- Do some yoga stretches and deep breathing.
- Dry brush with essential oil of tea tree.
- Meditation breathing.
- Read the paper with your herbal tea.
Create an evening ritual.
- Light an aromatherapy candle or put on an aromatherapy diffuser before bed
- Take a deep breath.
- Deep breathing helps relax the body and also gives you time to think.
- Feel the stress leave your body as you exhale.
At the end of a busy anxiety-provoking day, take an aromatic bath with a relaxing blend of Bergamot, Cardamon, Grapefruit, Geranium, and Sandalwood.
Do you find yourself wishing there were more hours in the day? Our lives are so filled with work, family, and appointments that we often can’t seem to fit in everything we need to accomplish in a 24-hour day. Create space in our lives and in our day and do not fill it with tasks. Adopting these habits of serenity and creating rituals in your life will help you to live a more productive and peaceful life.
Linda Anne Kahn is an aromatic wellness warrior, Clinical Aromatherapist, and Lymphatic Therapist with over 25 years of experience. She is president of Beauty Kliniek Aromatherapy Day Spa and Lymphatic Therapy Services in San Diego.