Are you toxic? We have some tips to help your lymphatic system
Did you know that we are exposed to 82,000 different toxins, chemically-based products and processed foods in our environment weekly? Your lymphatic system is put to the test everyday, and sometime pushed over their limits which in-turn can cause many serious symptoms and illnesses.
Detoxification is the body’s natural, ongoing process of eliminating harmful toxins from the body so that it can function at its best. Toxins are man-made chemicals found in the air, water, food, household cleaners and cosmetic products as well as waste products produced by normal cellular activity.
When toxins enter the body through the skin, nasal passage or mouth, the body prevents “pollution” by surrounding the toxins with fat and water and stores them in different areas of the body. This can put a strain on your body’s own detox system (the liver, intestines, kidneys, lungs, skin, blood and lymphatic systems). These systems can become burdened as they try to safely excrete toxins.
Our bodies were not meant to work this hard to maintain optimal functioning. By adding a detox program to your wellness regimen, you can help pull these toxins, along with the excess fat and water, out of the body and improve your health quickly.
The Lymphatic System: Forgotten Hero
Your lymphatic system is the most forgotten and least understood system in the body. It is critical to the detoxification process. The lymph travels parallel with the blood system and is responsible for the removal of wastes from every cell in the body, in addition to regulating the immune system. The lymph is thus a very important system to support optimal health.
Keep Your Body’s Drains Clean
Our lymphatic system is like the garbage system of our body. Proper functioning of the lymphatic system is essential in order to properly eliminate wastes. Our lymphatic system can become and remain congested and stagnant for many years. Thus, we often live in an environment of toxins that weakens our immunity. Proper lymph drainage will eliminate these toxins and assist the body to function optimally.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
Lymph vessels are also found under our skin throughout the body. These vessels support circulation, drainage of waste and immunity. When the lymph flow slows, the skin will appear dull and toxins will build up.
Since the lymph moves against gravity, it is common for the lymph and veins to congest, yielding an unsightly appearance in the feet, legs, thighs, hips, belly and arms.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a gentle rhythmical technique that gently works on the lymphatic vessels to enhance the flow of lymph throughout the body’s tissues. MLD also helps to support the healthy function of the immune system and the autonomic nervous system, thereby reducing stress. The therapy cleanses the connective tissue of wastes, thus decongesting and reducing edema, pain and swelling
Tips to help your lymphatic system
- Deep breathing – The heart pumps the blood but your lymphatic system does not have a pump. Deep breathing helps to move your lymphatics so you can eliminate wastes.
- Be active and exercise daily – As you exercise the calf pump works and the lymphatic system is stimulated .
- Drink plenty Of water – Keep your body hydrated with plenty of good quality water. The best is to take your weight, then divide that in half. Divide that number by 8 to get the number of ounces of water that you should to drink daily.
- Dry brush daily – Dry brushing the skin regularly helps stimulate the normal lymph flow within the body and help the body detoxify itself naturally.
- Stimulate lymph flow – Varenya Essentials synergy blend ‘Flow” with Essential oils of Cypress, Grapefruit, Lemon and Rosemary can help.
- Infrared sauna – Infrared sauna helps to directly heat the body, thus increasing core temperature. Built up toxins such as copper, lead, sodium, mercury and other dangerous chemicals are excreted through sweat. The infrared sauna promotes weight loss by detoxifying the body and burning calories while you relax in total comfort.
- Dr Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage – cleanses the connective tissue of wastes, helps with digestion and promotes weight loss.
“The change of season is an excellent time to embark upon a cleanse”
Call us at 858-457-0191 to schedule a manual lymph drainage massage with our experts.
Ask about our 21 day detoxification program to renew your vitality.
As Owner, Founder and Medical Wellness Director of Beauty Kliniek Aromatherapy Day Spa & Wellness Center, Linda-Anne Kahn helps people achieve balance of the body, mind and spirit. Linda-Anne has become recognized as a leading authority in the Health Beauty and Wellness fields.
She is a sought after speaker at many professional conventions and events. She is a regular presenter at National and International Lymphedema and Aromatherapy conferences and also Fat Disorder conferences. Linda-Anne Kahn is an Internationally trained Beauty Therapist, Aromatherapist, Holistic Health Practitioner, and Lymphedema Therapist
Linda-Anne is Board Certified as an Internationally recognized Cidesco Diplomat. She is certified as a Clinical Aromatherapist from Eve Taylor, London. She also holds an International certification as a Manual Lymph Drainage Therapist and Lymphedema Specialist from the Dr Vodder School, Austria and the Foldi School in Germany. She has also has a certification from Drs. Judith and John Casley-Smith, University of Adelaide, Australia as a Lymphedema specialist. She holds a National Certification by Lymphology Association of North America (LANA).