Using Aromatherapy During Bath Time to Delight the Senses
Aromatherapy oils delight the senses and nurture the body, mind and spirit. As we inhale these precious oils, the odor molecules travel via our olfactory nerve to the limbic system of the brain and trigger thoughts, feelings and memories
Aromatherapy bath salts make lovely gifts for the your loved ones. Pack your bath salts in a pretty glass jars and use food colorings to make colorful presentations.
AROMATIC BATH SALT RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS:
1/4 cup (2 oz) Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) or a combination of epsom, dead sea salts, regular sea salts.
25 drops of an essential oil blend
A few drops of food coloring (optional)
1 teaspoon of glycerin for moisturizing
1 tablespoon of carrier oil -fractionated coconut oil or sunflower oil.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
Make Your Essential Oil Blend
Relaxing Blend: 8 drops mandarin, 8 drops lavender, 9 drops geranium
Joyful Blend: 5 drops clary sage, 6 drops frankincense, 8 drops tangerine, 6 drops lavender
Invigorating Blend: 6 drops Rosemary, 3 drops peppermint, 3 drops basil, 8 drops nutmeg
- Mix the glycerin and carrier oil in a separate bowl.
- Add essential oil blend to this mixture before adding to the salts.
- Place the salt mixture into a bowl.
- Add your essential oil/ carrier oil/glycerin blend.
- Mix very well with a fork or with your hands.
- If adding food color, add one drop at a time and mix with a spoon.
- Add the mixture to a jar or container that has a tight fitting lid.
- After a day, mix well again to ensure that the oils have blended very well.
- Add to a bath of running water and enjoy!!!